We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Now that's what I call a punchup

Strawballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

2,000 workers involved in Brawl at Foxconn factory

Factory brawl

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The 2,000 workers involved will perhaps reap the benefits , triple time overtime, to churn out more apple products ... but realistically ... I think they will all be fired.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

In China they could end up inside. That is one very big factory with 79,000 workers.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Almost all of the workers sleep in the factory accomodation, some used to sleep in dormitories that held over 100+. Nets were placed round the side of some of the buildings to try and save workers who jumped off the top of the buildings.

Long hours and little time off I believe they have to work 6 days a week and have to work overtime whether they want to or not.

Probably a fight with the management for better conditions.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Strawballs

This is quite a small Foxconn plant.

The Shenzhen site is the size of a small city, with reports suggesting between 250,000 & 450,000 staff on site.

For a company founded less than 40 years ago, Foxconn has grown into the world's 10th biggest employer, just behind Indian Railways and the Indian Army http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17429786

Like this post  
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

I'm glad it didn't happen in South Africa. I'd imagine the workers would have been machine-gunned by the police.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...