We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Today's Kindle Book Offer at Amazon

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just downloaded my 99p book from Amazon Kindle. It is about Bletchly Park (and of course the Enigma machine) and I am sure those of you who are interested in this kind of history will probably go for it too.

The accompanying blurb says it is all about the people who worked there, from the top mathematicians to the tea girls.

Some of the comments are about how good the book is but there are one or two who don't rate it. But for 99p who cares?

I've got a feeling most of us will like it, I will start reading it tonight.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Thanks--will get that.

Had a tour round Bletchley Park a year or so back.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

muddypaws. And others interested... It is only on offer for the one day at 99p of course.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Cheers---got it.

Like this post  
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

As an aside, I did my GPO engineer training at Bletchley Park in the early 60's. There was never a mention then of its wartime past - secrecy, and all that!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I always knew that we would turn you into a Kindle junkie.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. Who me? I must admit I hadn't read a book apart from a Reader;s Digest in many years. So when I was looking for a seasonal (nearly said it) present for myself, I decided that because I have more time on my hands these days that reading might be the answer. You had previously mentioned how delighted you were with your Kindle, so I decided to go for it. Since then I have read over seventy books and have about twenty more lined up to read.

I also bought one for my best friend's seasonal present. She was dubious at first, as she is not in to techie things. But she is now getting the hang of it and of course I download all the books I buy to her Kindle as well. That makes them half price really.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Kindle junkie

Nothing beats a good browse through the Kindle book catalogue, knowing beyond all doubt that before your session ends you'll be clicking that familiar little buy now button, secure in the knowledge that a couple of minutes later you can be settling down for a good read.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

A couple of photos from my Bletchley album.

enter link description here

enter link description here

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Can you give me the name of the book, cannot find it through search, or link to it.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

For anyone with an intrest in Bletchley Park I can recomend Alan Turings biography. Read it earlier this year and realy enjoyed it. New Statesman rates it as one of the ten essential books on technology.

Alan Turing the Enigma

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks