We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where has everybody gone?

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just checked last Posts in Threads ....

Helproom ........ 2 Hrs ago. Beginners ....... 3 Hrs ago. Consumer Advice.. 6 Hrs ago.

Don't think I have ever seen the Site so empty!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The site has been crawling for some time. It's certainly putting me off.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Unusable here at the mo. Off to bed.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It seems to have speeded up now onthelimt1 has gone to bed!

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Yes much better now, not sure why it tends to do this at the weekends?

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 1

I've been sent to the diganose problem page quite a few times in the last few days. I often give up for hours at a time as no issues are found and remedied and refresh doesn't work.

http://teknisyan.blogspot.co.uk/20090301_archive.html

It's that page but in IE9.

There is one other site where this has been happening, but not nearly as much as here.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I tend to steer clear of the site often,as I get java crashing,errors aplenty like being logged out when I try to post etc.This on top of slow page loading just sends me off to elsewhere.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I also think that after 20 years of the web, the novelty of being able to converse all night for the sake of it has worn off. Most sites are much quieter in recent years compared to 10 years ago.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Most sites are much quieter in recent years compared to 10 years ago."

Substitute /forums' for 'sites' and I will agree with you. The reason can be summed up in two words: social networking.

We get more traffic on the site now than we did a year ago, but that's because of our content. Thousands of people browse through the forums but don't post - they're looking for specific fixes or advice, and they find it in our archive.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr

Additional plug ins are required for that page.

That's the message I get for your post,mind you that's using Firefox.No warnings on I/E

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

Well, I have noticed plenty of slowness on here, to the point of reassessing my laptop, but seeing as how it seems to be OK elsewhere, I'm assuming its just the PCA site.

This forum is rather unconventional in that its not like others (e.g. Digital spy) and is more like an extension of the website with all the bells & whistles and (of course) the advertisements which compound to make the experience 'tedious' to say the least.

GOOD NEWS - the mobile site on my iphone through Safari is GREAT!! Banner advert top & bottom but apart from that, very fast and usable, that's where I am now.

BAD NEWS - the PCA app seems to exclude the Forums.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...