We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where has everybody gone?

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just checked last Posts in Threads ....

Helproom ........ 2 Hrs ago. Beginners ....... 3 Hrs ago. Consumer Advice.. 6 Hrs ago.

Don't think I have ever seen the Site so empty!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'm still here!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Perhaps they're all out looking for more falling space debris!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's just past 8 o'clock on Saturday night. Everyone's watching X Factor, or having a drink, or eating out, or doing something else. Lots of people are browsing around the site at the moment, perhaps they don't see a topic that interests them - why don't you start one?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Site was down according to http://www.isup.me/ when I tried earlier.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FE

I thought I just had ...

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I jumped ship about 2 hour ago as pages would not respond, I have since had to turn off Java script in Browser to enable me to do anything on the site

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Perhaps you have.

You're right about the forum being quiet, and I think that apart from the Saturday night effect it may partly be due to the way the site seemed to slow to a crawl for a while. It does often seem to happen at weekends, and Without looking at the server logs I don't have a sensible answer I'm afraid.

We appear to have speeded up somewhat now.

Like this post  
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

Site appears to have lost half its normal traffic between 6-7pm.

No idea why right now. It could be another mass spam attempt battering our defences.

Or, er, something else. We'll investigate.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Simonjary

I think you have had the decorators in again as today is like watching paint drying. It has taken over 10 minutes to log in and page changes are taking more than 1 minute. I think you have driven people back to their TV's ;-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes