We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Did anyone see last night's meteor?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

Apparently there was a fairly spectacular show - thought to be either a satellite breaking up, or a fairly large chunk of rock from space entering our atmosphere.

There were lots of sightings but I missed it.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I was standing at a bus stop last night about 9pm in Glasgow and had a look at the heavens (while stretching my neck muscles)...it was only partially cloudy but many stars were visible...I did not see the spectacular display, unfortunately.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I was looking up most of last night but the only thing I saw was the ceiling I was trying to paint white and wishing I had bought one of these emulsions which are bluish when you put them on so you can see where you have been.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Condom. I know exactly what you mean. I've just spotted a patch on my bedroom ceiling which I missed for the same reason. Now in a different light it sticks out like a sore thumb.

As for the heavenly firework display I was asleep by then I think. The best natural firework display I have seen was from the window of a plane when I was en route from Singapore to the UK many years ago. Very spectacular and I was glad we were not in the middle of it. The pilot assured us we were not going anywhere near it. Thank God.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Saw a spectacular display around 11pm, thought initially it was fireworks then realised it was something different. We were at a friends house having a few post meal drinks in their conservatory at the time.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

saw it on tv reminded me of the spaceshuttle disaster looked very similar.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more