We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What Phone OS Platform

woodchip

Likes # 0

Before you say it should be in the Phone forum, it's not a phone problem, and this is why I posted hear in that it's going to get more views and responses than Phone Forum. As we all know Apple are Patents Paranoid. 1/ So what happens to all those with Android phones and software development? 2/ what is going to be the best platform to use other than iPhone? Windows or still Android

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

So if you commit the same crime on a smaller scale it's OK.

Next time I'll just steal one £10,000 watch instead of 100

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

FE - I didn't state that Apple were getting away with anything. You've taken part of alan14's post. However Apple have decided to remove Google Maps and instead have Apple Maps. There is no choice. Google Maps as a separate app isn't available. It is different with browsers. Although Safari is bundled I can use Chrome. With MS the EU insist that MS let users know about a choice of browsers. Apple don't appear to have to do that and they let users have no choice over mapping. Will it be only a matter of time before the EU investigate Apple?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

FE re your First Post, You said in it nearly word for word what my Daughter as told me. But I did want a new Phone that is not going to be Ancient History in the near future . One that will serve my needs as you say. Plus good clear sound as I have two earing aids, and now started with cataracts

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger