We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Easyjet/any tips to claim for missed flight

Cara2

Likes # 0

Hi, as a party of 4, we recently missed our flight.

We were not late, but were simpy, physically, ushered into the wrong lane by an employee who queried "Easyjet? Use both lanes" (next to the one we were heading for). What had not been made clear was that the lanes were for more than one destination.

Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to go about this? I realise this is not going to be easy, having seen the TV program eek!

All advise gladly received.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

It's Cara2's call, but I think it might be best to leave any mention of small claims courts for now. It's usually better to hold that threat in reserve for when other avenues have been fully explored.

The courts want to see evidence that you have tried to resolve your differences with the other party before making a claim for compensation, and if you can't demonstrate that you did that you may be penalised by the court.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Okay, exhausted process with Easyjet, so am now starting on the next step.

Would like some advice please. Whilst composing my letter to the credit card company (have received all the necessary forms etc)., I found myself mulling over what am I exactly claiming for?

A. Refund of the missed outward bound flights
B. Cost of additional flights which were much more expensive probably as last minute plus cost of day rate hotel room plus compensation for day of holiday which was missed.

If B. then I think I should be going through the small claims court and not my credit card company.

Anyone advise me please? All thoughts very welcome.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

I believe that your claim for compensation through the credit card can only be for actual monetary loss sustained. Compensation for lost holiday would go through the small claims

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Just had time to read through this thread and realised I have missed and therefore not acknowledged many suggestions - sorry and thank you for replies. Much appreciated.

Namtas - yes, that is what I am thinking which is why I now need to think through which avenue to take.

Help, please!!

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

Cara2

Having done the small claim thing:- Just a point if you are going to go the small claims route, you will have to have a lot of evidence to support your claim, they probably will defend it in which case you have to show that you have evidence to support what you are saying, but also you will have to show that you were not a contributory cause to the problem. ie that you did everything in your control possible to prevent it happening. If they decide to defended it is not a walk over, I would suggest that you go to you CAB first and seek advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow