We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Easyjet/any tips to claim for missed flight

Cara2

Likes # 0

Hi, as a party of 4, we recently missed our flight.

We were not late, but were simpy, physically, ushered into the wrong lane by an employee who queried "Easyjet? Use both lanes" (next to the one we were heading for). What had not been made clear was that the lanes were for more than one destination.

Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to go about this? I realise this is not going to be easy, having seen the TV program eek!

All advise gladly received.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I think spuds is right.

If you believe you have a good case, go to the top. You'll be well advised to check the Easyjet terms and conditions before you write your letter or email, just so you can be aware of the ways that the airline may attempt to disclaim liability. Airlines are familiar with the various reasons passengers use to make these claims, and the obvious defence in your case is 'none of our employees recall giving the instruction you mention.'

You know what happened, and I know what happened - the problem will be that it's your word against an anonymous airline employee.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thank you Spuds. I shall email Ms Mcall, COE, Easyjet.

And FE, you have no idea how heart warming your simple comment, "you know what happened and I know what happened", actually is :)

Will let you all know how it pans out.

Thanks all.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Should have read 'CEO', of course.

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

The situation I had was excess baggage got sent away to pay for it at Easy jet ticket desk that had a long wait. returned to find check in closed. Got refunded excess baggage there and then got flight refund later. Returned home later with another airline but had a longer journey home once in the UK. No expenses refunded for that.

Noldi

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Only just caught your reply. Although you were out of pocket and inconvienced, am glad you got something back.

Easyjet and I have exchanged 5 emails and so far no joy. I am not finished yet, but if necessary the credit card company are next.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Perhaps it's time to start mentioning the fact that the airline owed you a duty of care, and that as a result of its employee's breach of that duty you suffered inconvenience and sustained financial losses.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thank you FE.

That comment will figure in my next email which I am about to compose.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Cara2

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Absolutely! Will let you know the eventual outcome.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Would it be worth while mentioning the "Small Claims Court" in your letter?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......