We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Easyjet/any tips to claim for missed flight

Cara2

Likes # 0

Hi, as a party of 4, we recently missed our flight.

We were not late, but were simpy, physically, ushered into the wrong lane by an employee who queried "Easyjet? Use both lanes" (next to the one we were heading for). What had not been made clear was that the lanes were for more than one destination.

Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to go about this? I realise this is not going to be easy, having seen the TV program eek!

All advise gladly received.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Got it in writing from the employee/duty manager or photo evidence? If not I fear that you may be out of luck.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Did they admit it was their fault at the time, when you got to the desk? If you have no proof I don't rate your chances very high now.

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

My experience with this Airline is to send a letter to HQ explaining exactly what happened and await a reply. Once they have stated their case in writing then you can move forward. I did get a refund in the end but it was less all the silly little extra changes you pay when booking.

Noldi

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If all else fails, you could contact the BBC Watchdog program for advice!.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Had you checked in and got your boarding passes? If you had, they would have boarding gate number on them and technically it's your responsibility to ensure that you get yourself to the right gate on time.

If you didn't have a gate number it's a different matter.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thank you everyone.

No, our problems arose at check in, so we did not get to the stage of boarding pass.

We were basically diverted from our chosen lane by an employee who asked "Easyjet?" we replied yes whereby he ushered us into the next lane as the queues were very lenghty. We were compliant and 'obeyed'. Consequently when the calls were made, we stayed put as we had been put there and were confident as we had been put there.

Of course, it turned out to be the wrong queue - Easyjet, but a different destination.

Noldi - what was your situation? Why did you miss your flight? Was there a particular person at HQ that you contacted?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

For people who maybe have never flown before things can still seem very confusing in a big airport. I am guessing that this was probably the cause of your missing the flight.

But I think the chances of you getting any joy from Easy Jet are pretty slim. But there is no harm in writing a polite letter to them stating your confusion at the time and telling them an employee of theirs (was it?) had put you in the wrong queue right at the start. Providing you keep your letter polite and to the point, you never know. I've just looked in my list of CEO's addresses and phone numbers etc. and there are none listed except a Mrs. McCall, but no contact details. Maybe someone else on the forum knows where to write to.

Did you see anybody from Easy Jet afterwards to state your case? They might have been able to get you on to a later flight. That would have been better than nothing.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

We have travelled many times before, several times with EasyJet - so being novices was not the cause of the missed flight.

We were offered a later flight - at a cost of £50 pp. In addition our flight was Monday morning and the next available flight was Friday or two of us could have travelled from another airport the following day.

Yes, it was an employee of theirs. And yes, chances are slim, but I will take it further. I just cannot comprehend how we could be aiming for the correct lane but be ushered into the wrong lane, missing our flight.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You were obviously the victims of an employee giving you wrong information. In doing this the employee acted as an agent of the airline; you didn't ask for directions, you were given a clear instruction to use the other lane.

It occurs to me to ask if you were the only people directed in this way. If there were others, what happened - did they also miss the flight?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you want to contact the CEO of Easyjet or most other companies, then this website might help http://www.ceoemail.com

I have used the information from that website, and it proved very rewarding. Nothing like going to the top and not the individuals below, for perhaps resolving issues!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK