We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA spam filters

chub_tor
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone else having trouble today when posting replies? Several times today when answering questions in the Tech Helproom I have had to delete links and/or references to sites with .com or .co.uk in them and have had to try and devise another way for the OP to get to the site I was referencing. If I don't I get the message "we think this is spam" and have to try again.

I realise that this is a result of the recent spam attack but I hate being thought of as a spammer when all I am trying to do is give advice.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Had a normal post stopped for the same reason. I was not adding any other sites or any .coms nothing unusual just a staight forward typed post and got the we think this is spam.

It was the only problem that I had all day.All other posts posted Okay.So can't grumble after all the spam they received yesterday.

Had a hard job signing in again and managed after a while using firefox still can't sign in using I/E

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We realise that our spam filters are occasionally going to throw the baby out with the bath water, so to speak, but I'm afraid it has to be like that if we're going to fight these spammers off.

I would hope to be able to moderate the severity of the filter fairly soon, but for obvious reasons I'm not going to announce when that will happen, or even when it has happened.

I know it's a pain for you, and all I can do is reiterate what we've said before - that we're sorry, and we hope you'll bear with us. For once I can say with absolute certainty that this isn't our fault. It happens because of our site's high profile; it's truly the price we all pay for our popularity.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK