We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is William Badly Brought Up?

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I noticed during a recent Malaysian stopover that he allowed his new wife to precede him down the aircraft steps, presumably ladies first.

Is he so ill bred as not to know that a gentleman always alights from a conveyance first, so that he may assist the lady in descending?

The same applies to entering and leaving a lift first, in case of footpads lying in wait.

Civilised behaviour has truly gone to hell in a hand cart.

On the other hand, perhaps he has just decided that she is no longer a lady, worthy of such consideration!

(Oh, just in case, this is a fun post, please don't get all serious on me)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I travel on the bus everyday...and I like a seat at the back. Invariably there's always someone with their feet on the adjacent seat(s) ... it's always a young person doing this...I've never seen a person over 65 being so ill-mannered.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I've never seen a person over 65 being so ill-mannered."

That's 'cos we can't get our feet up that high.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I declare this meeting of the grumpy old codgers' club well and truly opened.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

And that also goes for the younger generation with casts on their feet ;-). Hope you have a good recovery. So many little bones in the feet they can be a nightmare when injured.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE, can we get a forum just for us...Old Codgers...for non-lively debates :o]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...