We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is William Badly Brought Up?

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I noticed during a recent Malaysian stopover that he allowed his new wife to precede him down the aircraft steps, presumably ladies first.

Is he so ill bred as not to know that a gentleman always alights from a conveyance first, so that he may assist the lady in descending?

The same applies to entering and leaving a lift first, in case of footpads lying in wait.

Civilised behaviour has truly gone to hell in a hand cart.

On the other hand, perhaps he has just decided that she is no longer a lady, worthy of such consideration!

(Oh, just in case, this is a fun post, please don't get all serious on me)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

morddwyd. As you well know there are different rules in different countries. The last time I was in Malaya itself, women were used for digging roads and being general factotums. In some areas the women are required to walk a fair distance behind their superior menfolk. Perhaps William has been advised not to upset the locals by bringing the bad habits of foreigners in to Malaysia.

Maybe we can learn something from these other countries? (TIC)

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Who the hell is this Mr Badly that has been brought up, anyway?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

There is a saying in part of Africa that a woman should always walk a few steps in front of a man to allow the lion to eat her rather than him ;-)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

johndrew. Chivalry is still alive then?

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Sorry - had to give up on chivalry - they would not let me on the bus with my sword and they don't do horse passes for my neddy.

I just wish people would keep on the left of the pavements - like cars on the road and trains on the tracks.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I just wish people would keep on the left of the pavements"

Too much to ask of pedestrians, but cyclists would be a start!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I find that when walking on pavements, a walking stick through the spokes of a bike works wonders.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

"a walking stick through the spokes of a bike works wonders"

Somehow I doubt you would actually do that, the consequences for you might be extremely serious. Unless the 'biker' was trying to rob you etc, then charges of assault could ensue, to say nothing of your life savings going in reparation if you caused injury for example. (A bit of 'whiplash' and a no-fee lawyer perhaps?).

Good to dream these things, not so clever to actually do them however!!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

spider. How right you are. I did actually stop a cyclist riding on the pavement in the local village though, He was shocked when I just stepped in front of him and told him to get off the pavement. He was in his thirties at a guess and should have known better. He was going to get stroppy about it but as I had my walking stick with me and because there were a few supporters who backed me up he changed his mind. But you are right I have got enough sense not to thrust a stick through the spokes. But it is a damn good idea.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...