We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Quite a lot of spam in the helproom

Algerian peter ™
Resolved

Likes # 0

tonight.

Just popped in and spam

That is if the site will let me post.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

fourm member

How right you are. Surgery postponed until the morning. Another evening of watching a big NHS hospital in action. All very interesting, and somewhat uplifting if I'm honest.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

FE I always get Timber and Timbre mixed up,so I expect the the distinctive tone quality differentiating one vowel or sonant from another when you yelled Timber (or words to that effect) was off the richter scale ;o}

Hope the impending op goes to plan and that you have speedy recovery.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Spam is back but in more limited form so far.

Ironically I'm deleting it one by one instead of watching Real Madrid vs Man City!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

What wonderful dedication to out interests!

I won't wish you good luck, Peter, as the NHS should not depend on luck, but I hope all goes well.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 2

simonjary I would sooner delete spam than watch football!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Forum Editor, as you are going to the 'theatre' and will be under the 'limelight'...break a leg!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. I wish you well. Hope the recovery is swift and complete. I bet you wish your silver mouse could delete the incident.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm stuck in hospital for a few more days than expected. My operation has to be carried out by a specific surgeon because in their words 'the injury is uncommon'. He's away until Friday, so not much I can do but wait.

So far my impression of the standard of care here is that it is excellent. The ward staff could not be more considerate and helpful. - nothing seems to be too much trouble.

Meanwhile, here I am, wandering the forums until the early hours - sleeping isn't that easy in a roomful of six people, all of whom are in some degree of discomfort.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE, because you will be on painkillers [in hospital] for your damaged foot, I would recommend eating as much fruit (roughage) as possible, 'cos your digestive system will be 'topsey-turvey'... and you will experience constipation...I've been there.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Thanks for your advice, but I'll be just fine. Let's not turn this into a thread about my digestive tract, or about me at all. Let's concentrate on eliminating our spam threat which, thanks to Prompt action by Simon and the development team seems to have abated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...