We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Quite a lot of spam in the helproom

Algerian peter
Resolved

Likes # 0

tonight.

Just popped in and spam

That is if the site will let me post.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Ten Four: I've told FE that, We have a Convoy

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Eek - there's s moose in the hoose.(American spiced meat - spam substitute.)

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

This is just how I like to start the day, trying single-handedly to stop a massive attack on the forums!

I'll clean out as many of the forums as I can and ban the spammmers but I'm one man against a giant spamming machine until the Development Team ride in and save me and the forums with the bigger guns.

Tech Helproom is absolutely deluged and it would take me days just to clear that forum out so I'm seeing what we can salvage on the other forums.

We'll have to add back the annoying spam filters while we work out new ways to stop these attacks.

Please bear with us while we fight them.

Cheers,

Simon

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

I'm unable to help Simon much because I'm in hospital for a couple of days, and only have forum access via my iPad. It works well, except when it comes to using my deletion tool - that is a bit hit and miss. I'm sure the spam filters will stop the streaming media spammers, but they might also stop the occasional good post. Our apologies in advance if that happens to you.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

FE: Hope the reason for your Hospitalisation is cleared-up swiftly.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

FE Typical! - nothing to do but lazy around and the iPad doesn't work.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

We can put up with it, but I feel sorry for all the beginners and others who have genuine problems and are looking for help.

They might not even realise that it is not normal, and go elsewhere, where the advice might not be half as good!

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

OK, first wave of attack is repelled.

We've added the spam filters back in, which may affect some posts. Please let us know if it does.

We hope we can relax the filters after a while and the spammers go elsewhere, but eventually they'll be back - that's for sure.

Thanks for your patience,

Simon

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Quite a lot of Spam that's a bit of an understatement over 6 full pages of it!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

**wee eddie * Thanks for the good wishes. I dropped a heavy log on my foot and broke some bones. An operation is necessary so here I am. Into theatre in an hour or so if all goes to plan. See you all on the other side.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger