We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Care of New Laminated Flooring Please?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Advice on the care of newly laid laminated flooring would be most welcome. I do know not to use excess water, but am thinking of using a product which used to be known as "Liquid Gold". I know that was very good on wooden furniture/floors etc. I was thinking that it might help protect the floor by sealing the joins in the flooring.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Chronus "No".

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

The most that it will require is the occasional wipe over with a damp (not saturated pad type mop), Polish and WD40 are not required and will only make it dangerously slippery. Excessive amount of water are to be avoided at all cost.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau with all the rain we have been having I reckon WD40 would be more beneficial for your joints ;o}}

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...or squeaky floorboards.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

While you are reading about it instead of Bacardi Gold try Gosling Black Seal Rum the original ingredient of a Dark'n Stormy.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Woolwell. For a Dark and Stormy, I usually use Woods Rum or Pussers Rum. Bacardi Gold I drink neat. But I will certainly give your suggestion of Gosling Black Seal a try. Thank you for the tip. I will let you know how I get on with it.

It will be like a new adventure.

There is not the slightest danger of me cleaning the floor with it though.

Brumas. I will give the WD40 a try ASAP. Looking at the skin on the back of my hands is like looking at parchment these days, so the oil should get through there to the bones o.k., might keep the old Arthur at bay.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

using chemicals may cause the glue in the laminate to break down so that it separates

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Rather than Flash, I would recommend some diluted Fairy Liquid incorporated into a well-wrung clean moistened mop ... I usually finish off my floor-cleaning with a towel wipe ... using my feet on the towel to soak up any excess moisture.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Is that before you do your indoor gardening or afterwards? Hope you take your boots off?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

It was Mandy (Rice Davis, not Peter!) and if you like Gold you should love Bacardi Black.

Gold is a nice aperitif or mid morning break, but Black is for after dinner, and preferably after dark!

Damn, why did I read this thread?

Now I'm going to have to get out of bed and go and get one!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...