We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

whats the problem with kate photos

sunnystaines

Likes # 1

if she runs around topless why complain when photographed, william is looking straight at the camera in one of the photos must have known they were being taken.

most young ladies go topless in the sun so why the fuss.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 1

I haven't seen the picture fo which you speak, but what are you implying exactly?

On another but related note, there seems to be lots of dissaproval because of who she is. It seems to me that we should dissaprove of this kind of thing or not, regardless of who it happens to.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I've searched the internet for these pictures,& they all seem to have vanished so I think someone's now panicking that this invasion of her privacy could cost them dearly.I did find some pictures of her before removing her top,& they are grainy.I also found various captions linked to these pictures stating they'd been taken with a very long ranged telephoto lens hense the grainy images,so I can see why William didn't see the photographer.I also think that if Kate is naive enough to think that sunbathing topless wont attract the gutter press to take extraordinary measures to get pictures,she needs to talk to her security people more as I'm sure they'll reveal some of the press antics they've foiled.Kate is a very beautiful woman,and shouldn't worry unduly that people are interested in seeing pictures of her topless.Kate is also a celebrity,and therefore will find that the media are everywhere.Many other celebrities have been photographed in revealing clothing.This latest generation of Royals appear to view nudity as normal,and only after their images have been revealed to the world does any dissent appear.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

then she should not go topless if overlooked.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Don't forget that it was this kind of thing which drove Diana to distraction. No wonder her son William intends to sue them.

If these photographers want to take pictures of topless women, there's lots of places they can find them. But invading people's privacy by using camera's capable of taking pictures from thousands of yards away is criminal.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"then she should not go topless if overlooked."

A bit harsh.

It is voyeurism (for that is what thus is) which is illegal, not relaxing in your own private grounds.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Were it me I would not accept an out of court settlement. I would push for punitive damages. I heard today that the french are supposed to have some seriously tough privacy laws. But such laws are meaningless when the publications have a budget for just such eventualities. The proprietors and editor(s) should be made to realise that fines and reparations are not merely the cost of doing buisness.

WTM

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Lucky it wasn't a Psycho with a Barratt sniper rifle.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

It's hardly overlooked, got to be nearly half a mile to the nearest proper road, and there's no buildings for miles around

Google Maps

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

[ the french are supposed to have some seriously tough privacy laws]

Not so sure about that.Their last prime ministers wife had nude photos of her shown on the Internet.

So I would imagine they would be rather lenient to those that produce photos like that.

But then again I never heard of any court cases about it when it happened.

Mind you the photographs were taken long before she was married.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

The gutter-press rag has got what it wanted, oodles of free publicity, new readers, (if they can read, not just look at pictures) and small fine if convicted by a French court. Is this the start of another Diana hounding episode ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......