We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

whats the problem with kate photos

sunnystaines

Likes # 1

if she runs around topless why complain when photographed, william is looking straight at the camera in one of the photos must have known they were being taken.

most young ladies go topless in the sun so why the fuss.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

"Although the French privacy laws are strict, I'm told the penalties are not, which makes it worth publishing pictures which the paper knows will massively increase their sales."

Quite right, which makes fourm member's murder analogy rather odd. The Royals will never win; the press will make sure they can afford the consequences if they consider it, er, necessary to publish anything sensitive.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I usually share your views but not in these cases. In the case of Harry, why did the protection team not collect cameras/ mobiles from ladies he met 1/2 hour before when they went into the private quarters? I suspect the joined in the fun.

In the Kate case it should be their job to liaise with the local police, and should have recce'd the perimeter looking for photography (or worse) vantage points and ensured, at the very least, that their clients were informed of possible problems or as a minimum arranged screens. Otherwise what is the point of having them - they should not just be concerned with close protection.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

john bunyan - It is not their job to collect cameras/mobiles - weapons yes. They do personal protection not privacy protection.

Of course the perimeter should have been recce'd. We don't know if it was done or not nor do we know if the road was being patrolled or if those supposed to be watching the road failed to do their jobs. The perimeter arrangements should have been set up well in advance. When on site they do close protection only.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I don't know. You're doing unspeakable things to my melon. I'm not sure they are saying that (nor that they are not), nor how you get to that question.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...melon(s) are not appropriate fruits to use in this debate, Joseph Kerr.

Lemons or strawberries might fit the bill better here.

Katie has only herself to blame...end of [story]. Kerching!

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I don't know what happened but my second posting minutes after the first has been lost and the first was sent before it was finished hence the Forum Editor giving me an earful.

I said, from memory, that I regarded Duchess Kate as one of the most elegant accomplished women in the Royal Circle and that I hoped she could withstand the criticism of some around her as poor Diana found to be insufferable.

But then I hope that her husband is better at shielding her than weak Charles was with Diana, but then he had already gone to Camilla for affection.

Like this post
userious?

Likes # 0

"whats the problem with kate photos" nothing, theyre very nice.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

Complete lack of common sense for both of them (and Harry in his episode).

If you don't want to be seen, just keep your clothes on, or just make sure you can't be seen.

'It' (press interest) comes with the job

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

ton , from a distance, a good one from what I've heard, the photos were taken. Family of the Monarch, residing in another country, gets abused in this way. It's becoming an embarrassment for the host country surely? Wasn't there something in the news earlier on that they're going to try prosecuting the photographer as well? About time someone stood up to these kinds of reporters, in my humble opinion. Simply saying If you don't want to be seen, just keep your clothes on, or just make sure you can't be seen., is an impossible statement. They thought they were sure they couldn't be seen, technology changes that and how it is used. I hope the couple sues the lot, all the people involved in this privacy invasion, and the more publicity the better. The host country will be embarrassed and will have to respond accordingly.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm finding this explosion of high dudgeon being expressed about Kate's breasts really rather laughable!

In the news today we have stories about the Hillsborough verdict, Two UK soldiers being murdered by an Afghan national policeman and last but by no means least the build up of military forces in the gulf, deployed against the possibility of an Israeli air strike against Iran and the cutting off of the west's oil supplies!

Now forgive me, but I think that the publication of a few long range, blurred, grainy images of a thirty year old woman's totally unremarkable breasts is a complete non event!

Presumably she was warned what she was getting herself into when she married into the house of Windsor? Buck house and the Royal family have just got to take it on the chin I'm afraid!

There has to be some deleterious effects of living a life of privilege, unaffected by the usual slings and arrows that the rest of us have to dodge doesn't there?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features