We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

whats the problem with kate photos

sunnystaines

Likes # 1

if she runs around topless why complain when photographed, william is looking straight at the camera in one of the photos must have known they were being taken.

most young ladies go topless in the sun so why the fuss.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Being honest, Kate's history at university is against her as well as the weak penalties provided under French Law. On top of this is the fact that it is known that anyone with a good quality long lens can photograph easily up to half a mile or more - it is not an offence to be naked in public in France after all.

I tend to agree with those who point out that anyone in the public eye either has to accept these penalties of intrusion or act in a manner which obviates such risks. There are places where the sun could be caught with the privacy demanded in this case.

For the Royals to use Diana as some sort of shield is also a little sordid. History quite clearly demonstrates that she was not treated particularly well by the family regardless of the fact that she was the mother of an heir to the throne. I do however have sympathy with William not wishing to see any repetition of those conditions in which his mother lived.

Perhaps this incident should be ignored and allowed to fade with time rather than being fed with publicity and for the future a little more thought placed on actions carried out where they may be viewed with modern technology.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Having taken a glance at the pictures,they could be of anyone as they are not in any way detailed and the lady is wearing huge shades. William appears to be more recognisable. They should erect a large inflateable hand with 2 fingers extended in the Agincourt tradition as a screen.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

Celebrity culture has itself to blame for its predicaments,the social network has repeatedly exposed the hypocrisy of claiming privacy and/or press restraint in respect to words or pictures posted on the net.

As far as i am aware Kate does not have a facebook or twitter page nor is she in the habit of craving publicity nor is she a topless model crying out for adoration by a duplicitous public.

She may have been careless,especially in view of recent events but that still does not justify the publication of this material.She is on private property which is why a telephoto lens was used to escape detection,she did not expect nor want a 'Peeping Tom' to be stalking her.

Kate's history at university is against her

well, now i understand why many rapes go unreported if a woman's past history is used to pre-judge present events.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

I would go so far as to say that in a digital age where the word 'virtual' is in such vogue that this could be taken as a case of 'virtual rape'.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

What's the big deal? If they had ignored it the whole episode would have gone away in a couple of days, she is nothing special in terms of being different from millions of others. I haven't bothered to find them, there's far more in the news than this trivia.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Kad60

I agree with every word of your first post, but I'm not sure I go along with your 'virtual rape' scenario.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Muergo

What's the big deal?

Let's forget about Kate Middleton for a minute. Let's suppose that you were on holiday in a villa with your wife, and because you were in a private, secluded location she removed her bikini top as you relaxed by the pool.

Days later your wife gets a phone call from one of her friends, telling her that topless pictures of her are plastered all over the front page of your local newspaper. Your work colleagues, your family members, and all your neighbours have all seen them.

Do you think you would say to your wife 'what's the big deal?'

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

The Irish Star have published them as well

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The protection officers , as in the case of Harry, seem to be sadly off message. The cameraman could have been a sniper. Surely they should be aware of this hazard and organised screens or whatever.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that the protection officers are to blame in either case. The security outside the perimeter was probably the responsibility of the local police.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...