We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

whats the problem with kate photos

sunnystaines

Likes # 1

if she runs around topless why complain when photographed, william is looking straight at the camera in one of the photos must have known they were being taken.

most young ladies go topless in the sun so why the fuss.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

The gutter-press rag has got what it wanted, oodles of free publicity, new readers, (if they can read, not just look at pictures) and small fine if convicted by a French court. Is this the start of another Diana hounding episode ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

amonra "if they can read" is really an abusive remark to Sun and Star readers, who do like to ogle women's breasts, supplied by women who like to get their mammary glands pasted across tabloid papers, for a fee of course.

Good luck to them and the paper,and what they earn.

This time I think it will be different. The French court will have to judge on special circumstances concerning this 'privacy' case.

This magazine has banked that it will out sell its normal selling figures to cover the cost of being sued in the French courts. The norm if you like. I bet that the publishers will rue the day that they took this gamble.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Their last prime ministers wife had nude photos of her shown on the Internet."

But were those pictures taken, and published, by someone subject to French law?

I take it, anyway, that you mean their last President's wife, Carla Bruni.

She was a model who made her living being photographed, and willingly posed in the nude.

Hardly the same thing at all.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Kate is the wife of the heir to the throne, and most young ladies are not."

Am I the only one to think that part of the price of being wife to the heir to the throne and future Queen, to live a lifestyle way beyond what most of us ever would, to represent Britain in foreign court circles at state banquets, and on overseas goodwill tours, of which some countries some still look down on women as less than dirt, that that price is to carry yourself with an air of supreme dignity that puts yourself beyond reproach to any detractors?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

This is 2012, I hardly think that a young woman in Kate's position can be expected to carry herself with "an air of supreme dignity" twenty four hours a day, every day, especially when in a very private place with her husband. She should be entitled to enough privacy to enable her to behave with slightly less than supreme dignity on some occasions, and to expect that she isn't going to suffer the embarrassment of seeing pictures of hersel topless all over the place.

Being famous shouldn't involve a total surrender of the right to some privacy.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

so I guess it would be wrong to expect normal standards of press restraint.

Are these the same normal press restraints that the Leveson Inquiry was looking into? Or that the late Princess Diana experienced? You don't have to look far to find many other examples of the lack of so called normal standards of press restraint. The press are in the business of making money, to do that they must attract buyers/readers and as has been proved will do or print anything that means that they succeed in these aims.

The British press would have printed these images in an instant if they thought they could get away with it, as fourm member has pointed quite rightly pointed out, they are still trying to exploit the situation. Believing that normal standards of press restraint exist is up there with Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Although the French privacy laws are strict, I'm told the penalties are not, which makes it worth publishing pictures which the paper knows will massively increase their sales.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I see an Italian magazine is going to run a special edition next week with the photos. Another of Berlusconi's?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Al94

Yes, Chi magazine is carrying a 26 page Kate & Wills supplement next week

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

FE

"This is 2012" & "suffer the embarrassment of seeing pictures of herself topless all over the place"

That sounds like wanting jam on both sides to me.

If she wants the archaic privileged Royal lifestyle with all the bells and whistles that it brings, she must conduct herself nearer to the Edwardian standards of expectation of 1912 than the celebrity culture standards of 2012.

Would the Royalists still be such staunch Royalists is the Queen had topless holiday pictures of her as the Princess Elizabeth surfacing in her Diamond Jubilee year?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......