We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

As before Threads Lacking

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

There seams just as, as been said before that the site as just about come to a grinding halt, from being as in former times as a Help Forum. Few threads are being created or posted to, in any of the forums. Me thinks its become a E-Book reading only site.

PS Get ready to be jumped on Woodchip for this post when it will load

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As I said 38 views so far without a post. its become a E-Book think I will publish it

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Don't give up hope yet, it's still early for Friday night's regular postings.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Just wait till people start using Win 8, then it will jump.

No real 'interesting' news about - waiting for the Autumn/Winter TV schedules to see if there are any programs that will interest me. How about PCA do a series on computer problems and how to fix.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"PS Get ready to be jumped on Woodchip for this post when it will load"

For goodness sake, stop the negativity - it has a big whiff of paranoia about it.

If you want to make a complaint about our site, go ahead and make it, and stop moaning about "38 views so far without a post". People will post if they're interested in what you've said, and if they're not, they won't. You posted just before 5:00 on a Friday night, the time when huge numbers of people are on the move going home from work, or getting ready to go out for a drink or two, etc.

Wait a couple of hours and things could look different.

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

With regard to the help room - 5 years ago it seemed like I was looking for a new piece of software every few weeks. True Image, better anti-virus software, better anti-spyware, a video editor, software to burn cds, and often I would reach a point where I needed some help. Now - I rarely think about extra software. In fact I rarely think about my OS. So clearly Microsoft have done something right. But I miss that aspect of "constantly messing". Maybe I need to get an iphone?

With regard to Speakers corner maybe we should all make a bit more effort. Use it or lose it. Yesterday I was logged on to one of the worlds biggest general discussion forums for 8 hours (dipping in and out) and can see now that it was a miserable experience! There are horrible people in this world and it looks like most of them are online. If only that forum had Moderators instead of people with that job title who tidy up dead posts.

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

JYPX

A healthy dose of common sense at last. Thank you.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I mostly post when something has caught my eye [that day] or an issue is on my mind...so if anyone argues or agrees, I really appreciate the responses...and I always like to add a bit of humour too.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made