We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: What are your initial impressions of the iPhone 5?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Now that the iPhone 5 has launched, we what to know what you think about it.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: What are your initial impressions of the iPhone 5?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I remember the days when mobile phones didn't even exist.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

What a poor response from Apple to its competitors. I have just cancelled my intention to get and her indoors is thinking the same. I think I will wait for the Nokia to come out as it has features I like as well as fitting in the hand so well.

I currently have an iPhone 4 and I cannot say it was a good purchase as the iPhone 3 is a much nicer phone to hold. The 4G seems to be turning into a bit of a fiasco with not only someone getting an advantage but the iPhone seemingly not able to work with the other $G specifications coming along afterwards.

As far ad PCA is concerned the past 24 hours have been pretty horrific as far as getting on and then moving around the site was concerned. This is just happening too often to be doing your reputation any good.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Nontek."I have a protective case on my Galaxy III, it is still just 10mm thick! I was surprised at how easy it is to operate compared to my previous HTC Wildfire - not bad I guess for a 77yr old!"

I mentioned on PCA a few days ago that my son had given me a Galaxy 111. In the past I've only used the most basic of mobile phones, but have also found the Galaxy to be very easy to use, mind you at 76 I'm much younger than you. Also there is an App that gives me almost full control of my Canon DSLR, something the Iphone is incapable of, though that may change in the near future.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Matt Egan & FE

The site has been appalling the last 24 hours and is still very very slow. I did find FE's comments rather strange as well as they were quickly followed by Matt's apologising, yet again.

The site has been had many severe problems this year and I know if I was in charge I wouldn't be at all happy at what it is doing to the reputation of what is after all a PC magazine where people would I suspect expect better. Perhaps it is a time to be looking at who is doing the work and their competency. Clearly more was happening than just an iPhone launch as we are now inundated with more unwanted boxes appearing at the bottom and tops of our screens. Yes you can click off the bottom one but it only reappears again. Just get it working properly and then leave it alone instead of constantly tinkering and never getting it right.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

You mean you're even older than This?

WTM

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Wait until you see 4G in action.

I'll start to get excited about 4G once I can get 3G...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Quite a few of you mention the lessening thickness and increasing size in area of new phones.

I got an HTC last year and within a month bought a new normal pocket sized Nokia as I immediately found I didn't want a phone with a big screen that was bulky to carry around in trouser pockets. The Nokia lives in my pocket, the HTC get used as and when I want mobile computing/video access and as a satNav. So for me all the large screen smart phones are too bulky no matter how thin they make them, unless they get so thin they can be rolled up...

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 1

I went with the don't care option, as I'm one of those strange people who just use a phone to make and receive phone calls.

As for 4G coverage, by the time it arrives in rural West Somerset, Apple will be releasing the all-singing, all-dancing iPhone 23!

Like this post
Footloose1949

Likes # 0

Somewhat underwhelmed ... it's a new 'toy', most of the functions it (and other 'phones') have I don't use. Give me a a full-screen keyboard suitable for my thick fingers, and I might use it more. My main demand is for reliable network coverage everywhere in the UK, which isn't something a handset can make work better, so it's a just 'Mutton done up as Lamb'.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

"I know if I was in charge I wouldn't be at all happy at what it is doing to the reputation of what is after all a PC magazine where people would I suspect expect better. Perhaps it is a time to be looking at who is doing the work and their competency."

You're not in charge however, and I doubt that you have much idea about what's involved in keeping a free resource like this going, 365 days of the year. Your thoughtless comments about the competency of our development team are offensive, and totally uncalled for.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015