We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: What are your initial impressions of the iPhone 5?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Now that the iPhone 5 has launched, we what to know what you think about it.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: What are your initial impressions of the iPhone 5?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have the Samsung Galaxy SIII, so am not overly impressed.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Perhaps someone will answer my question about such phones.

It appears to be a selling point that each phone be as thin as possible, this one is promoted as being 18% (.08mm) thinner, why?

When the first thing people appear to do, is to go and buy a case to protect it from damage.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

How are we to know? Due to a huge increase in traffic today because of your coverage of the new iPhone launch. The unprecedented load on your server has slowed performance. I for one was unable to get onto the site to see what the latest offering from Apple was all about.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have a protective case on my Galaxy III, it is still just 10mm thick! I was surprised at how easy it is to operate compared to my previous HTC Wildfire - not bad I guess for a 77yr old!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I for one was unable to get onto the site to see what the latest offering from Apple was all about."

But you managed to get on so you could post that comment - odd, isn't it?

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Sorry it has been slow over the past couple of days. We did put in some extra server capacity, but even then we've been overwhelmed by the response. It's not something we can do much about, I'm afraid. The site lives and dies by the number of people it attracts, so we can hardly complain when demand outstrips our capacity to deal with it. Hopefully it will settle down soon. Apologies.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I was really looking forward to the launch of the iphone 5, but now having read the review I can't see any reason to upgrade from my 4s. I wont be using the 4g service as I am with O2 and once the ios 6 upgrade is available for the 4s what more do I need?

There is nowhere near enough difference to warrant spending the money on an upgrade from 4s to 5.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"once the ios 6 upgrade is available for the 4s what more do I need?"

Wait until you see 4G in action.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Wait until you see 4G in action.

Trouble is, Everything everywhere which is the only network that is going to be offering 4G until the spectrum auction next year, uses the Orange T mobile networks! Where I live these networks signal coverage is awful, the only network that provides full 3G coverage indoors is O2, so I am pretty much tied to that for the foreseeable future!

By the time there is a compatible 4G service in my area the iphone 6 will probably be on the horizon.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I remember back in the day when mobile phones actually got smaller.

WTM

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...