We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What a wonderful world we are creating

carver

Likes # 1

Just read about this enter link description here and can't help but think that we helped create this state of affairs in Libya.

A crowd of "supposedly" peaceful Muslims attacking innocent people in "defence" of their Prophet Mohammed, best part is that they shout about defending him then break nearly every law they are supposed to respect.

Have we just finished up with a state full of weak politicians who are just letting the extremists take control because if so then we have gone from the frying pan into the fire.

Another place enter link description here where muslin extremists are taking over, and I just wonder what will happen in Syria after all this carnage that is happening finishes, will that just become a state full of extremists because they have the guns.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

fourm member

You and I both know you are being disingenuous in your question, The riots last summer where nothing to do with religious extremism but all about basic criminality and lawlessness.

With regard to the Diana episode, yes still mass hysteria but on nothing like the same scale as the furore over the film and I don't believe the mourners murdered anyone because of their sorrow.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Flak999 - There hundreds if not thousands and even more examples of people who were brought up in a religious background and have rejected it.

I don't think that Mohammed was a messenger of Allah (God).

For many Christians it is not blind faith - faith yes. Many of those who have a Christian faith have not been indoctrinated. However many Muslims have been indoctrinated in their schools.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Flak999 - Just re-read your post "Whether or not somebody called Mohammed existed is I think not the question here." Actually it is the question. To defile the name of Mohammed is to many Muslims punishable by death. In this case they think that Mohammed has been defiled. Probably because they have been told so.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Woolwell

To defile the name of Mohammed is to many Muslims punishable by death

But can't you see what a totally ridiculous statement that is? Why is it punishable by death? it's just words!

It's just as ridiculous to say to defile the name of Flak999 is punishable by death! It really is pathetic nonsense!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Of course it is a totally ridiculous statement. I'm just pointing out to you what many Muslims believe and do.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I stand by my earlier statement:

"the people who commit these acts are just basically unsophisticated uneducated barbarians who still live their lives on a medieval level"

Here is another excellent example! A Pakistani government minister has offered a $100,000 reward for the death of the maker of an anti-Islam film produced in the US

Why do we pander to these peoples ridiculous sensibilities?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow