We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TUC Congress: T-shirts

hssutton

Likes # 0

Is this how low certain people of this country have become? I've never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.

Maggie T-Shirts

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

hssutton

Can you repost your link as I can't seem to get it to work.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I presume you mean this.

I don't have the words.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's a bit late to be still blaming Maggie for everything that went wrong in the mining homelands, but I've always said that when she does die, there are still areas that will put up the bunting and have a street party.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

It's a T Shirt for goodness sake and I've certainly seen worse. I won't mourn her as she did the exact opposite of what she said she would do when entering No 10. I think it was something along the lines of bringing harmony when in fact she ended up almost splitting the Nation and even her own party got rid of her in the end.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

It's not just a T Shirt though and I expect the image it creates in many peoples minds does the TUC no favours whatsoever.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Children will be children. It's a T shirt, as Condom says.

It's juvenile, and in appalling taste, but then it serves to tell us a good deal about those who want to wear it. I doubt that Margaret Thatcher could care less.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 1

To be honest there's a lot of people in this country who will happily dance on Maggie's grave.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

"It's a bit late to be still blaming Maggie for everything that went wrong in the mining homelands".

Why? Does the person who is to blame change over time?

The shirt's in very poor taste, mind.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 1

fourm member

Margaret Thatcher's policies directly contributed mass unemployment. The financial and moral poverty in the inner cities of this country are a result of this.

The actions of the ruling party are felt many years after they've been voted out of office.

I'm sure you feel the same about Blair & Brown...

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

alan14

What a sweeping and biased statement. I do not think much of politicians of either party, but Maggie was democratically elected. IMHO some of the things she did were good - the re taking of the Falkland Islands, the opposition and defeat of fanatics like Arthur Scargill, and a freeing up of the economy which, far from contributing to mass unemployment did quite the opposite. Big mistakes such as the poll tax and, towards the end, megalomania, there certainly were, but I suspect if there were a poll on whether she was good or bad for our country , that the good vote would win. I am not a devotee of hers but would vote, narrowly for the good vote.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......