We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Murray becomes a Champion,at last

daz60

Likes # 0

Well after 3/4's of a century Britain has a singles tennis champion,congrats to Murray.

Wonder if Connery and Ferguson's pep talk helped,and a knighthood maybe.!!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Something changed in him after his 2012 Wimbledon defeat and was seen first with the Olympic gold win.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

just Champion

forgot the link.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Interestingly Salmond etc have said he is the Scottish, not British champion. He did well, whatever he is!

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Three cheers for Murray!!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe now that he has got this one under his belt it will give him the confidence to win others.

We all knew he had it in him he was just lacking the final push.

All we can say is well done Andy and lets have a few more.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

His new mentor seems to installed that final, Je ne sais quoi, into Murray. It must have been so difficult winning on this surface which is not his best. Djokovic is also one of his best friends and isn't it amazing that they both went to the same Spanish school over 10 years ago.

Sorry Dunblane but as far as I'm concerned Murray will always be from his birthplace, Glasgow

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Not one of AitchBEE's new neighbours is he?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"His new mentor seems to installed that final, Je ne sais quoi, into Murray."

It's called the killer instinct. Now he's seen how it works for him I'm sure we'll see him go on to win other championships.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I do believe I saw him smile, albeit briefly, during an interview this morning!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've seen him smile quite a few times. I know he is the serious type but what's wrong with that?

Most Scots are known as dour and serious people. It takes all sorts to make a World. We would be having a moan if all he ever did was wear a sickly smile for ninety per cent of the time. He would then look a bit like Sean Connery who always seems to have that inane grin on his face.

(Stand back and awaits the flak from Wee Eddie and co. I hope Macscouse's LHO doesn't take offence and join in).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features