We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paralympic Closing Ceremony

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

WOW! hat was surreal fantasy show, but I thought it was better than the Olympic one. Not sure what it was all about, but it right was up my street.

And I always thought that the Sydney Millennium fireworks show would never be beaten, but this one at least matched it.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Channel 4's commentators during the opening/closing ceremony caused me to swear loudly at the TV screen.During the blind football,one competitor was lead/carried off at least four times and would dive and roll around on the ground even if all he'd done was trip over the ball.The "spirit of the flame" during the closing ceremony was awesome and the lad drumming with Coldplay was amazing.

I was frequently irked trying to watch an event I was interested in,as they'd either not show it or during wheelchair rugby,switch to adverts literally seconds after showing a series of adverts as a time-out had been called.

I commented to my family,I've watched more sport in the last couple of months than in the previous 40 odd years.These sporting events have been really enjoyable and I hope that it results in a return to competitive sports being taught in schools.

An interview with a chap raised an interesting point,the para-olympians prefer to be known as impaired athletes rather than disabled athletes yet that interview was the last I heard of this term,everyone used the disabled descriptor whether it was the athlete themselves or the (extremely irritating)commentators.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today