We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paralympic Closing Ceremony

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

WOW! hat was surreal fantasy show, but I thought it was better than the Olympic one. Not sure what it was all about, but it right was up my street.

And I always thought that the Sydney Millennium fireworks show would never be beaten, but this one at least matched it.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Well there's the tennis tonight in the USA, with Andy Murray hopefully winning. Then there's the Ryder Cup golf coming up not too far away, with Europe hopefully winning. The footie season is well underway, with Everton hopefully winning the league (stop giggling at the back Brumas). But I reckon watching rugby league will also help until the Six Nations competition starts.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

My recovery will be quite a slow process with such an ineffectual quality of therapy!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

There is always the Synkronized Swimmin' Championships in October...

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I thought that the Paralympic closing ceremony was better than the Olympic version. Apparently TV viewers didn't agree with me as 'only' 7.7 million watched on Sunday compared to 26.3 million for the Olympics. I was surprised that it didn't even match the figures of X Factor which wasn't even in the same class entertainment wise. What is the matter with the British viewing public?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

EPG technology is wasted on some.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

"EPG technology is wasted on some."

My wife would rather search through her TV book to see what's on. No matter how often I explain to her that she could save a lot of time and effort with just a couple of key presses she just can't bring herself to do it.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

The closing ceremony was brilliant. We must bear in mind that this was also a bit of a party for the competitors so Coldplay as one of the biggest UK bands in the world were certainly worthy of the spot. You don't have to like their music to enjoy the event. Having said that they entered into the spirit of the event and must be given credit for it. As far as the rest it didn't matter to me that I didn't understand everything that it was supposed to represent as it was just eye watering beautiful.

What a brilliant ending to weeks of great sportsmanship and entertainment where competitors gave their all without falling over in agony just because someone touched them. I really hope our footballers learned something from this, but I doubt it.

And now the icing on the cake with Andy Murray finally beating the 70 year hoodoo of UK tennis. This year's Sports Personality must be a nightmare to work out.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've got a funny feeling that Rio is going to outdo London. Just been looking at the welcome sign, which looks to be complete and can be seen from the air or from the sea from miles away. A gigantic waterfall which also harnesses enough energy to supply the Olympic Village and more. It pumps up water from the sea and when the water falls back again it produces energy through turbines. Where will technology go next?

There will be the Olympic Flame on top of it as well. If I can get the link to it again I will put it on here later.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Condom You don't have to like their music to enjoy the event

Oh yes I do

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

"Where will technology go next?"

Check out DINORWIG POWER STATION we got there first.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......