We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Access problem. No posts for 4 hours?

Blackhat

Likes # 0

I have not been able to get on to Speakers Corner for a while now. See screen shot for what I have been getting. Is anyone else having trouble as there is a distinct lack of posts for the last 4 hours.

Screen shot

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Yes, I couldn't post for a few hours. So tried logging off but couldn't log back in until now.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It does that occasionally - usually at weekends when nobodies about to see to it.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Odd that it always seems to happen to PCA.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Chronus

I agree it is odd. Was it a problem we saw prior to the improvements can you remember?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Johndrew

Outages have always happened on the site as they do on most others. Whose computer or company network has not played up from time to time.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I tried to post and was asked to log in, as I was already logged in I couldn't do so. My post just went missing somewhere in the ether. Probably my fault as most of it was a big copy and paste job. I understand they are frowned on.

Prior to that I thought the lack of posts was down to it being a Sunday and everybody was either having a lie in, or watching the Paraplegic Marathon.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Odd that it always seems to happen to PCA."

That's the kind of pointless remark that illustrates how little you seem to know about big, busy servers. All such sites experience server outages occasionally. I tried to login to the EDF energy site to pay a bill at 8:30 this morning, but the site was offline - it stayed that way until around 3:00p.m.

I don't have the time on a Sunday to launch into an explanation about the many possible causes, but believe me, it happens. Our server rebooted and all was well. Usually the cause of these events can be traced to database glitches, but I have no way of knowing of that's what happened today.

We're sorry for any inconvenience, but there was nothing that we could do about it.

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

Chronus

He don't like you very well, does he.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......