We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

850,00 squids better orf.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Needing to reply to an attachment to this Email I'm now rich. Bet you're all jealous. This from the header,

Received: from User ([115.184.84.21]) by mail.goldencompany.com.ar with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675); Wed, 5 Sep 2012 07:15:22 -0300 Reply-To: From: "COCA-COLA GB* OFFICE UNITED KINGDOM" Subject: YOU HAVE WON THE SUM OF 850,000.00 GBP FROM UK Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:40:37 +0530 MIME-Version: 1.0

That's the last 'Received' from in the list. Can't be bothered to find 'whois' but it's nice to be liked sooo much to receive a scam.

Chronus, bet you're jealous now... :).

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Oh no I am not for a paltry £850,000.00 a pittance sir a pittance. Only yesterday a very unfortunate Nigerian lady wished me to accept nearly £17.000.000.00 because she knew that I would help the needy.

So any day now,I've sent off my bank details, no doubt there will be formalities and paper work to complete, but any day now I will be a rich man.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

PS: I doubt that this comes under: "This is the place for lively and thought-provoking debate with other forum members." But who cares when I am going to be so filthy rich.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Chronus , of course it could come under ' just be aware of these crooks' as they sometimes do catch out people. Including the telephone ( Mcrosoft) scams. Just a reminder.

Seventeen million, who'd believe that! :)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Millions of similar emails are sent on a daily basis. I'm astonished that you haven't received such stuff before.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I have FE but the first time from Gmail which is pretty good at filtering. Just a glitch I suppose.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

rdave13

This poor lady seemed very genuine, I do not believe it is a scam.A day now.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Chronus , once you get the cash, send me a 500GB SSD...or two. Thanks.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I've just had my first ever phone scam call,telling me my computer was infected(I think,it was nigh-on impossible to understand the accent)and that he would help me fix my broken PC.My partner took the call,& as soon as she heard the word "computer" handed me the phone after telling the caller that she knew nothing about computers.I repeatedly asked who he was,and I'm sure he first said he was from Microsoft,then a minute or two later,from Wades,then from HP.He wanted me to turn on my PC while he demonstrated where it was broken,but I simply hung up after telling him I didn't believe a word he said,but he rang back a minute or so later & he ended the call when I informed him I would contact the police if he called me again.

I have also "won" many lotteries via email & I reckon I'm worth a billion or two when my winnings finally arrive(probably via email,requiring me to print out the money)I always thought electronic mail was fast,yet some of my winnings still haven't arrived from over 10 years ago.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Congrats Chegs ®™, you're now in the not so exclusive club for ' receiving computer telephone scam'.

Like this post  
carver

Likes # 0

When I had the last phone call about my p/c having a virus I told the caller I didn't want to go near it as I was just getting over my last cold and didn't want to get another virus.

For some reason he seemed to get a bit angry and it's the first time one of these people actually swore at me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...