We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nuts and bolts robot beats Usain Bolt's fastest speed

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Carried out on a treadmill this robot clocks up 28.3 mph to Bolt's 27.78 mph. The poor, mechanical thing goes out of sync at its maximum speed and has to be lifted off the treadmill. robot speed test

This is the latest published effort in developing a military robot for future warfare. I can think of much better ways of using the funding; for the benefit of humanity for instance. TC.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not quite 100 years HB to be pedantic:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...95 years then ... higher or lower?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Well I would have said 97 for the British MK1. But checking there was a self propelled gun in 1903 that I'm not sure if it was ever constructed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings