We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unauthorised Mars Bars

morddwyd

Likes # 0

The makers of Mars have made a statement that deep fried Mars bars "does not fit the company's promotion of healthy living."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-19487149

How pompous can you get.

Next the makers of sugar free jam will be telling us we shouldn't be using it to make Cornish splits!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It's not as if they are exactly healthy in the first place. I cant see deep-frying making them a lot less healthy.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A Mars a day, helps you work rest & play!

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I have always loved Mars bars since they came off sweet ration after the war. I don't fancy one deep fried, at least I now know I am eating the healthier option, which isn't usual for me. To paraphrase my late wife "Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening."

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

[A menu disclaimer is being sought, to make people aware deep-frying is not what the company has in mind for its product.]

Surely as a product it is up to the customer which way they want to eat it.

Probably a nice bit of free advertising for Mars.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

My late gran and granddad worked the Mars factory in Slough and we used to get a parcel of rejected Mars bars etc every so often, my sister and I were very popular when we had this massive box of sweets to reluctantly share.

On another note Mars really looked after their workers even after retirement. Took them on days out to the seaside,which was a big thing in my grans day. They always got a little something at Christmas, there was free transport to a club situated with the factory.

Imagine companies actually caring for the ex-employees in this day and age?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Imagine companies actually caring for the ex-employees in this day and age?"

Or even their current employees!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

A melted down Mars Bar makes a wonderful,albeit quite calorific, sauce for ice cream!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Do they have to be dipped in batter before deep frying them? Or do they go in the hot fat naked?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I wonder how they would sell if, like a tin of sausages and beans, they were put in a tin of tomatoes? Only one per tin mind you.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I remember the old adverts a mars a day helps you work rest and play. Now this was way back from the 70's. So where was the so called nutrition people saying it was healthy. There was no such thing in regards to lucozade, coca cola, Pepsi many chocolates, and many many fizzy and none fizzy drinks.

Have these companies reduced the sugar content or have they increased it over the years. But then there is the junk restaurants who claim to be healthy like McDonald's, Burger King, and Kentucky Fried and whole host of other ones that have sprang up over the years.

Gone have the old corner newsagents but come have the giant supermarkets, who don't sell sweets in moderation like the old newsagents use to.

Now have tried fried mars, i thought the chocolate would of go off when it was fried

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added