We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

The iPhone 5 is set to be unveiled in just a few days, and speculation is rife as to what features it might include. Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5? See iPhone 5 release date, specs and rumour round-up.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I believe Apple are looking for the guy who thinks he invented the wheel something to do with patent infringement so I hear.

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

Same as all the other iPhones NO. The network providers premium and all the hype puts me off stick with my HTC.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Wouldn't have an Apple product in the house. Samsung Galaxy S3 is the best phone I have ever had.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr

Patent infringement litigation is a fact of life in the computer technology industry, and has been for many years. If you shunned products because their manufacturers went to court over infringements you would not be using a computer at all. If you owned a business that spent hundreds of millions of dollars on innovation, only to find that another company was using your technology to compete for business you might see patent infringements in a rather different light.

Apple now occupies the number one prejudiced hate slot that used to be Microsoft's sole preserve - people are prejudiced simply because the company is big, and extremely successful. Apple makes objects of desire, and markets them in a very clever way. The success of the iPhone and iPad have been nothing short of phenomenal, and in the case of the iPad I know why - none of its competing devices have so far come close in terms of sheer quality and useability. I don't have any personal experience of the iPhone but its astonishing sales volume speaks for itself.

Apple isn't perfect, it irritates me intensely that my IPad can't handle Flash files, but I live with it. I'm sure the iPhone has its shortcomings too, but there isn't a product on the planet that doesn't. I'll buy Apple products if I think they are the best at what they do, rather than let a pointless (to me) prejudice deny me access to superb technology.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

NO

My £17 Nokia does what I need - Makes and receives phone calls and the odd text. I really have no need for all the other functions of modern phones.

Virgin 8p/minute PAYG Sim and free calls to it from my Virgin landline, and free calls to other Virgin mobiles.

The only reason I bought this one is because my 10 year old Vodaphone branded Mitsubishi finally gave up the ghost.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

My daughter has a iPhone4 and was thinking about the new iPhone5 when it comes out but after seeing my new Galaxy S3 she is having second thoughts.

She has spent more time playing with it than I have and for once all the apps she has just go on without any fuss and the new iPhone5 had better be good or she is having the same as mine.

But on a personal note I wouldn't touch an Apple product, any body that can say an oblong with rounded corners is one of their patents have got serious problems.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

It need'nt bother you anymore, FE, for Android can't handle flash now either.

Thanks for the lesson but, believe me, if Microsoft were still trying to prevent the use of other browsers, I'd be kicking them too.

I made clear in me first post that I shall not buy any Apple product whilst they continue to be quite so stupid as they are being (they'll sue peas next, for using pods. They have already gone after use of the lower case i, rectangualr phones...). My opinion i ssubject to change if they stop being so stupid, but then I have no Apple products already because, so far, they have not been for me, and that may continue to be the case.

Thay will have to realize the error of their ways:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/28/apple-rot-starts-with-samsung-lawsuit-win?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

"...people are prejudiced simply because the company is big..."

Some, maybe. Pretty arrogant to believe you have us all pegged, though.

But look at it another way. Would these ridiculous suits be given any credibility or newsworthiness (it's still early to me) if the company were not big? No. So it may look to you as if people are simply prejudiced against big companies.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I can't understand how they get away with making their products only use their software, if you wish to use music it has to be i-tunes as nothing else will work whereas Microsoft bundle a browser in their operating system and get hammered for it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia