We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

The iPhone 5 is set to be unveiled in just a few days, and speculation is rife as to what features it might include. Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5? See iPhone 5 release date, specs and rumour round-up.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

ams4127

Much the same here, My youngest has just given me his 'Old' Galaxy S3 as he preferes the Iphone 4S which no doubt he will upgrade. And yes same as you something else to learn and at my age learning does not come all that easy

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Probably yes but I want to see what it offers.

I'm tempted by the Samsung Galaxy 3 for the sake of screen real estate but at the same time find myself a little tied in to the Apple apps that I have, as well as iCloud synchronization and my iPad. I realise that I could change over to Android and do all of this on that system too; however, it would take time.

If I like the response to the new iPhone I'll give it a month or two for issues to arise (like the iPhone 4 dropping calls!) and then probably upgrade.

Much as I'd like the new one, I'll not be queuing outside an Apple Store for half the night ;)

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and couldn't be happier, the iphone is so restrictive in terms of what you can do I just don't want one, (unless they are free).

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

I don't have a mobile so I can't upgrade

Like this post
CommandJG

Likes # 0

probably no.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I'm with Joseph Kerr on this one I don't fancy having my hands tied!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

My mobile is bog standard and cost £22. The risk of losing or having stolen an expensive phone seems too great. Am iPod touch kept at home mainly, or an iPad seems a better notion.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

john bunyan My mobile was £12 from ASDA (samsung) don't need anything else as it has company SIM in it and they have had the data switched off.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Whilst in my local bank yesterday to deposit some money, I was surprised when the cheery bank-clerk asked me if I was interested in taking out mobile phone insurance. That's a new one.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

What a wonderful comment, FE. So much experessed with so much brevity.

Incidentally, it's nothing to do with having my hands tied. It's more to do with their patent happy behaviour. They will care, when the world begins to see that they are losing their way.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more