We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

The iPhone 5 is set to be unveiled in just a few days, and speculation is rife as to what features it might include. Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5? See iPhone 5 release date, specs and rumour round-up.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

No from me too. My partner has an iPhone, and I find my Android phone much more versatile in numerous ways. I would say that some of the Apple apps would edge it over the Android versions, but after watching her having to mess about on numerous occasions with music, app downloads, trying to purchase online services through her phone etc, all having to be tied into other Apple products or iTunes, I am extremely happy that I have dodged the whole Apple experience

I suppose it depends how much tech stuff you have too, I imagine there are plenty of people using Macs and iPads, which are lovely bits of kit, so it's clearly a nice option to be able to sync those easily, but for me as purely a Windows pc and phone user (Nothing else Apple related), Android wins hands down for my use.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Well after a launch which was pretty dull and uninspiring, it seems that Apple has lost not only the sparkle but just about everything else. It seems to me that they are now playing catchup and I really do not see them doing that well outside the USA.

I've decided not to get it when her indoors goes to USA next week and I will be looking much closely at the Nokia which I did like in its previous incarnation but looks even better with full Windows 8. Nokia build has always been good and it is still the best mobile to actually hold in your hand.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added