We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

The iPhone 5 is set to be unveiled in just a few days, and speculation is rife as to what features it might include. Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5? See iPhone 5 release date, specs and rumour round-up.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Do you intend to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

What's an iPhone ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't know. I will be replacing my phone later this year but until I know what upgrades are available and at what contract price I cannot make a final decision. I may well like an iPhone compared to a Galaxy S3 but the pricing will decide. It may have been better to wait with this poll until the prices and contracts were announced.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

My youngest daughter is waiting for the new iPhone to appear. She is giving me her HTC running Win7.5.

Something else to learn!

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

ams4127

Much the same here, My youngest has just given me his 'Old' Galaxy S3 as he preferes the Iphone 4S which no doubt he will upgrade. And yes same as you something else to learn and at my age learning does not come all that easy

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Probably yes but I want to see what it offers.

I'm tempted by the Samsung Galaxy 3 for the sake of screen real estate but at the same time find myself a little tied in to the Apple apps that I have, as well as iCloud synchronization and my iPad. I realise that I could change over to Android and do all of this on that system too; however, it would take time.

If I like the response to the new iPhone I'll give it a month or two for issues to arise (like the iPhone 4 dropping calls!) and then probably upgrade.

Much as I'd like the new one, I'll not be queuing outside an Apple Store for half the night ;)

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and couldn't be happier, the iphone is so restrictive in terms of what you can do I just don't want one, (unless they are free).

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

I don't have a mobile so I can't upgrade

Like this post
CommandJG

Likes # 0

probably no.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I'm with Joseph Kerr on this one I don't fancy having my hands tied!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today