We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Max Bygraves dies aged 89 in Australia

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Obituary here

R.I.P. Max, another of the old Greats gone!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I went to see him on stage in Glasgow many a time and you always got your money's worth. A true all round entertainer for the whole family.

RIP

Like this post
kidsis

Likes # 0

he was a true professional, I was just listening to his son on the radio and he described his dad as "a great mate" which is a lovely tribute. Most current entertainers are 3rd rate in comparison.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I think I have probably mentioned this before on here. But I tell my kids that my claim to fame is that I used to sit and have lunch every day for about a month with Max Byegraves. I was working in the film studio on the film "The Cockleshell Hero's" and he was working on a film at the same time. I don't think he ever encountered servicemen like us before and he was great with us all. He was a nice guy. RIP Max!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Oh yes! If you're reading this up there Max, Save me a place at your table.

Like this post  
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

One has to wonder about some of the adverts that appear on this site. As I type this I am looking between the last posting and the new post field to see adverts like: "Find Max Bygraves Died Here And Compare Offers From 1000s of Shops" and "All About Death In Australia Death In Australia in One Site!".

I'm not blaming PCA, but I have seen adverts in better taste!

WTM

BTW, there are those who will be missed, and those who wont. Max falls into the former catagory.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I feel left out - i don't get any adds!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

Thats because you're not dead yet.

WTM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

"I'm a pink toothbrush, you're a blue toothbrush" & "You need hands" will always be in my memory thanks to Max. BYE BYE r.i.p.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Do you know what? I was just thinking that Aitchbee would come up with a song. I even named the song in my head "I'm a pink toothbrush etc.". Great stuff Aitch....They don't make 'em like that any more.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau I particularly liked him singing,

'Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellenbogen by the Sea' as you say *They don't make 'em like that any more" ;o}}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made