We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Household mice! I really need them gone.

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The flat below me has had a major renovation and the resident mice have decided that it is all a bit to much and have moved upstairs to my flat where i assume they find it less noisy.

I have put down poison which they seem to love as I seem to need to have to fill up the little plastic container quite frequently.

I have tried to figure out where there hole(s) are and have sealed a few, particularly around radiator pipes etc.

I have been looking at something like this:http://www.primrose.co.uk/advanced-r...ouse-p-36.html And wondered if anyone had any experience of this type of device.

I know that the easiest thing would be to get a cat but this is not viable at the present time.

Any thoughts and suggestions wanted urgently

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

FE

Sorry, I missed the obvious!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

try here with reviews

have look here with reviews

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

When we had mice many years ago we used the old fashioned mouse traps, the wooden ones with a spring to trap the mouse. Pellets from the council do work. Go to your local council to esquire to see if you can use the council to lay down pellets.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

OK traps it is,after all I am a man, so disposing of a small dead bodies will not be a problem ,will it?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Reminds me of the time that we lived in a flat and the woman upstairs was banging away on her kitchen floor.

My mum said there must be something wrong upstairs,So we rushed up Opened her front door and into her kitchen.[You could do that in those days.]

There she was chasing a mouse with the brush without a lot of success.And guess what was standing on top of the kitchen table.

Her husband of course.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I am also a peanut butter advocate. It seems to be a mouse magnet, but it must be Sunpat smooth of course.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Thought the idea was to get rid of them!

not entice them in with delicacies :0)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Rather than having mouse brains etc. plastered all around I think one of these might be what I need. Die mouse.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Quote;- Thought the idea was to get rid of them! not entice them in with delicacies :0)

If a cat is out of the question and even they bring them in both alive and dead.

Why not use a plug in mouse & rat repeller as I mentioned previously, they do work.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

bubonic plague was spread by flees

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK