We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth Query Changed Appearance

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm not sure what has happened but I used to use Google Earth without any problems. But after a a wee bit of trouble with my computer, which I thought I had sorted out, I have hit a problem. I re-downloaded Google Earth and it now appears as just a globe with outlines of the countries in feint/faint yellow lines. I have had a mess about with the various controls but just can't get any sense out of it at all. (I suppose it is getting nonsense out of me too).

Has anybody got a simple solution to hand? What have I been and gone and done?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Can you see the sidebar? Enable in View - tick sidebar

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

A194. Thanks for the swift reply, however I can't see anything as you suggest to follow in the sidebar. I've opened up the Primary database and expanded all the items on there and still can't find "Enable in View"... Have I got a different sidebar than you perhaps?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Can you zoom in at all?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Yes it zooms in but ..... Oh 'eck! I've just tried zooming in again and after a few clicks it came on. So I am assuming that if you zoom out too much it goes yellow? Thanks for that Woolwell, and I will get back if it isn't o.k. But I think maybe it is. Right now I have just been ordered to take the boss to Tesco's. Back later.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Woolwell. Just had another quick zoom in a bit further and it has all gone back to yellow lines again. Zooming out by trial and error it seems to be o.k. at about the half way mark on the zoom tool. A few clicks lower and it goes yellow and a few clicks upward and it goes yellow. Any more ideas?

I've also just dragged the slider up and down and the picture zooms right in and right out but the center of the slider goes back to the middle. Weird!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You should have put this in the Helproom, but now that you have people helping you here I'll leave it alone.

Write out 100 lines after school - 'I must learn to put things in the right forum area'.

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. Never even gave the Helproom a thought. So used to all the helpers on here I suppose. However I will consider myself reprimanded and will give myself a severe slap on the wrist... Ouch! Sorry...

Shall I ask in the Helproom now?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

maybe you should threaten to leave now... and storm off:)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. Wot! and never hear from all the nice people on here again? No chance, I would miss Brumas saying "Bugroff" etc. Friday nights would never be the same. I wouldn't know how Macscouse and the LHO are getting on. That would be terrible. No musical asides from AitchBEE. (mind you I could probably live without them). But then again I might miss it when his neighbours get around to fisticuffs with him. I think I can take a wrist slap from the FE when I deserve it. So all in all I think I will stay put.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

go into Layers at the bottom of the side bar if you have borders and labels ticked then everything is outlined in yellow

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015