We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This sounds a bit Kafta-esque

interzone55

Likes # 0

In South Africa, 270 striking miners charged with the murder of 34 of their colleagues shot dead by police.

BBC Link

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

This man was also arrested [and murdered] by the South African police 35 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Biko..

I only know this because I am a fan of Peter Gabriel,the musician.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Let's try that link again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Biko

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Nail squarely hit on the head.

The leadership may have changed, but the same rules are being applied. Which is very sad that considering the hell that blacks went through under apartheid rule, the current leadership should be treating their own people in much the same way the white rulers did...

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Your use of a K word may cause heart attacks with South African readers - It may get confused with a slightly different K word.

A strange use of the law indeed.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Try Sharpville. I was at school with the son of a Doctor that treated the victims. He had to hide for the rest of his life.

I can't remember the Name of SA's Security Service but they had put a price on his head. The new lot are little better, just black instead of white.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

wee eddie

My Gran & Grandad lived in South Africa at the time of the Sharpville massacre - he was MD of a textile company at the time.

They upped sticks and moved back to England, partly due to the increasing violence, but mostly because they were being forced to either take South African citizenship, or become effectively 2nd class citizens...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Common sense may well have prevailed - BBC Link

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...no officers have been charged...so who are left [to charge]?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad