We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Realistically speaking

HondaMan

Likes # 0

How can you compare product "A" with product "B" when one of them does not physically esist enter link description here

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I really get sick of all the Apple hype...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I really get sick of all the Apple hype..."

Then don't read about it. Simple.

It's not something to get all serious about,it's just a bit of speculation, and lots of people are interested in it. If you're about to take the plunge with a new phone it can be quite helpful to read a round-up of all the rumours and speculation.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

**it can be quite helpful to read a round-up of all the rumours and speculation.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4168572/realistically-speaking/?pn=1#ixzz252Qtd4YX **

No, I don't think so. Roumour mongers haver got things so wrong in the past, I refuse to read speculative "comparisons" until the product is available for purchase.

All that speculative reviews or comparisons do is create hype and confusion.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Apple rumours must rank amongst the lowest for accuracy, as the company could teach MI6 lessons on secrecy.

As for not reading them, I don't, but they're all over the place, taking up space that could be used for real stories about real things that actually exist

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Alan14

Totally agree!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

If it's an Apple product it doesn't need to exist they will already have patented it, well when you can patent an oblong with rounded edges you can patent anything.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Carver: Americans are crazy

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I refuse to read speculative "comparisons" until the product is available for purchase."

Then don't.

I really can't see what the point of your thread is. If you don't want to read speculative comparisons, don't read them.

Millions of people are interested however, which is why they're published. It's always been the case, and not just with Apple products. Many articles speculating about Windows 9 are appearing already, and Windows 8 hasn't launched yet. Of course rumours are just that, but some of them come from reliable sources, and as I said, huge numbers of people are interested.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Americans are crazy"

They say the same about us.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"when you can patent an oblong with rounded edges you can patent anything."

But can you?

For something to be patentable it must satisfy certain basic conditions:-

It must be new, not known anywhere in the world prior to filing an application.

It must have an inventive step, not obvious or a simple adaptation or combination of existing products (an oblong with rounded edges would fall at this fence).

It must be capable of industrial application, having a technical effect.

That all makes it sound simple, but it isn't. Patent applications can be horribly complex. In America it's slightly different, you can patent a wider range of products, although I don't think an oblong with rounded edges would make it there, either.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback