We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Number of Posts

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I don't normally get down to the bottom of the page much, but I noticed today that I have mad 12,000 posts.

Ye Gods!

You'd think I'd have something better to do.

I must get out more!

(No, I'm not starting a poll to see who has the most, just commenting on my own pathetic life!)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We have certainly had (and still do have) some prolific contributors in the forum over the years. Many people have been with us for a long time, but haven't made so many posts, preferring to read instead.

Some people stick almost exclusively to the Helproom, and get on with offering the invaluable help and advice that has contributed so much to our success. It's easy, sometimes, to get into the habit of thinking that Speakers Corner is the epicentre of our forum life, but of course we get far more traffic in the Helproom than in all the other areas of the forum put together. People from all over the world read the content, due largely to Google returning us so prolifically in its search results.

The amount of time people spend in Speakers Corner varies tremendously; some of you look in once or twice a day at most, whereas others are in here on an almost hourly basis. I can make a reasonably accurate prediction as to who will be adding a comment, and at what time of day from my knowledge of their habits.

I'm here a lot, but a few of you give me a run for my money when it comes to time spent in the forum.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. Guilty as charged. But seriously I don't know how you manage to do it. You never seem to be off the site, like a spy in the sky. We get away with nothing.

I understand why the Helproom should be the most frequented site. It is the reason I first joined in. Probably a lot of us did the same for the same reason.

I think what causes the number of visits to Speakers Corner is the amount of time we have to spare. I am assuming that most of us are retired, or not fully employed, so have nothing better to do with our time. In other words we are a a lot of layabouts.. (That Brumas fella sits looking at postcards all week... MacScouse tours the wilds of Scotland.... john bunyan sits with his maps and Google Earth and his memory finely tuned just waiting for Friday evening at 21.00 hours. You sit reading all posts diligently, with your silver mouse finely poised. Morddwyd sits dreaming of Wales, then there's that chappie up in Glasgow who must sing a lot. All of us spend far too much time sitting in front of these damned machines. Lord help us...) Sorry FE didn't mean to include you in the layabouts....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

"You sit reading all posts diligently, with your silver mouse finely poised."

You're right about the solid silver, hand-tooled mouse, but read all posts diligently?...not me. I might have done that once upon a time, when there were only 1000 or so registered forum members, but I couldn't possibly manage it now, there wouldn't be time for anything else.

There are people who do it though, and they notify me if there's anything untoward going on, so I can take a look.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

My God! The FE has undercover agents in our midst!

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

I was Duty Spy last week. It's someone else's turn now!!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Macscouse, It's LHO, hasn't she told you ;o}

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

And I thought she was watching the James Bond DVDs 'cos she liked the actors. She's been brushing up on her undercover work. She should take a leaf out of her mothers book - she never missed anything untoward in the Highlands.

Like this post
CommandJG

Likes # 0

LOL I am new here, big surprised with huge number of your posts!!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Welcome.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

And coming up fast on the outside lane is the 200/ 1 shot HB.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer