We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Removing CD's From a Sony Car 10 CD Player

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a Sony 10 CD player from a previous vehicle. I had it removed when the vehicle went to scrap. The CD's are still in it and I would like them out. But I have no way of opening it to remove them. (no cables or wires).

Is there any body out there with the knowledge of how to remove them please? Probably something simple but I don't want to damage them. Nor do I want to damage the actual CD player as I may be able to use it in the future.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I can listen to music in a car, but to listen to a story would effect my concentration.

Listening to music and singing along to it on a long night motorway trip is good enough for me.

Before the days of having radios in cars, I just had to put up with non stop singing from myself to wherever I was going. It wasn't too bad on short journeys but on long ones I got a tad sick of hearing myself.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Before the days of having radios in cars"

Unless you go back even further, to the days before heaters.

Then you could listen to your teeth chattering all the way from from Kinloss to St Mawgan!

(Funnily enough, I never seemed to get so cold on my motor bike as I did in my old 100E Ford Pop)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Morddwyd. You should have worn your leathers in the car. I certainly know what you mean about the cold. That was why the luxury I plumped for in my first car in 1960 (a brand new Mini in British Racing Green) was a heater.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

One of my first cars (in early '60's) was a 1948 MG TC. Hood down old flying jacket, goggles, long johns, no heater or radio. Those were the days! Bingalau Was that the £500 new one ? A big slug of yearly salary at that time.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

A bog sling of two years' salary for me!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

john bunyan. £600.00 and I think I paid extra for the heater.

Now that you mention your old car, I vaguely remember someone with a car like that down at Poole. Used to run up to the "Smoke" every weekend in it. Wonder if it was you? Couldn't have been really because I left there in 1956. Must have been some other Gad-a-bout. (Come to think of it I remember he was doing his National Service). Then there was another gent who used to run around in an old London Black Taxi.

Pug Davies had an old banger too, I remember that well because some of us got two large wooden planks and a rope, then with a bit of huffing and puffing we pulled it on to the roof of Pug's office block. His face was a picture when he saw it up there. Guess who took all the blame for that prank? Happy days and, Pug and I always remained good friends...

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Bingalu

I think that was Mike Phillips (Later Lt Co)_ I used to share petrol costs to London - His dad was a RM General, I think.. It was a Morgan + 4

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

This afternoon, I got a-talkin' to the jukebox engineer who was maintaining the pub's jukebox...after he had sorted it out [it was the coin mechanism that was a bit rusty...it's like the inside of a computer]...there were 28 credits left on the machine...the bar-man said it was ok use up the credits...I thoroughly enjoyed that free musical interlude.

Up to 40,000 tracks, he said, were stored...depending on the hard drive.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

My first car, a 1970 Hillman Imp, had a heater, but no blower fan and switch, or even the required wiring, I had to fit that myself after going to the breakers.

They don't make 'em like they used to... thank god!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Is this juke box with or without a heater?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today