We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 716

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Because I do listen and take onboard words of wisdom from all those who cudgel the old grey cells on a Friday night I now think it is about time I revised the criteria needed to obtain a Well Done as I feel, in some instances, I have been awarding them too lightly.

As we all know the Well Done cannot be bought, inveigled or even replicated and is much sought after, more so than a Gold Medal in the 100 metres but I now feel it should only be awarded for a Complete Identification.

If I post a view of a particular building, street or view etc, identifying just the town will only merit a brand new and hitherto unknown Good Call. Only on naming the actual street, building or view etc will elicit the much prized, prestigious Well Done ;o}

Unless specifically requested, clues will not be given until just after 23:00hrs - that’s if I remember of course ;o}}

All this could change of course depending on what mood I am in, after all “I am just a fickle, stupid human being with a poor memory and a great gift for self deprecation” my apologies for plagierizing and rewriting a Suzanne Collins quote.

Feel free to offer your two penn’orth!

Bearing all that in mind I thought I would start off with an easy one ;o}

click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The Phoenix United Mines Liskeard, North Cornwall?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Here Phoenix

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

it's de mill on de 'ill

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan, Well Done I was hoping this would run longer so more could read my pearls of wisdom,bearing that in mind I shall not green-tick it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

May be absent on the Fri after 18th Sep as a second, bigger, op looms. New rules fine!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Tin mine Cornwall.

Like this post
sidecar sid

Likes # 0

The prince of Wales shaft no less!Well done

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Brumas, I hope you were sitting down when you made that speech.I had to go and put the kettle on...I thought it was an advert :o)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan You'll be fine - it's my birthday :o}

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Aitchbee That made me chuckle ;o}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room