We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Harry's games

csqwared
Resolved

Likes # 0

Bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet so I'll bite the bullet. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with a red blooded 27 year old doing his own thing, in his own space and enjoying life. Questions have been raised whether the third in line to the throne should carry on like this. Yes, he should. The more he is in touch with life the more successful he is likely to be when, and if, he becomes monarch. I'm sure he'll feel very let down by the 'friend' who posted the images.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

It has been touched upon in this thread Discretion or the Fear of Leveson?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

"Bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet" Yes it has, see:

[Leveson ]1

What he does , if in private and legal, is indeed his affair. However only a very naive young man would behave like the "Upper class twit" that he portrays - he is always being photographed falling out of nightclubs etc. Quite apart from embarrassing his family, his CO would surely class his behaviour (at least allowing it to become public)as "conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman". If he were to renounce his HRH etc and the bodyguards (costing taxpayers a fortune in travel an hotel costs) then fair enough, I have no moral issue with him. However to be caught literally with his pants down a few days after representing the Queen at the Olympic closing ceremony shows, at the least, a collossal lack of judgement.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

No problem, Lot of fuss in the papers about nothing, I suppose a lot of prudes would think the 1st in line to the throne shouldn't carry on like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfhC587Wiik

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Flak999/john bunyan

Thank you

One should look before one leaps shouldn't one? ;-))

Like this post  
ton

Likes # 0

He IS an upper class twit with a serious lack of judgement and too much of our money to waste.

I wouldn't trust him with an apache

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

ton, have a look at my link to vid of Prince Charles....

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"his CO would surely class his behaviour (at least allowing it to become public)as "conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman""

What pompous nonsense.

Young soldiers, commissioned and otherwise, have been doing such stuff for centuries, and long may they continue.

As long as he is not doing it in in only a bearskin on the Horse Guards at midday it is not a military matter.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

morddwyd

"What pompous nonsense"

Your opinion. Mine is that, he forgets his royal connections and the pain his drunken behaviour impinges on them. On the military issue , the odd lapse is one thing but he, at 27 is no longer a "young soldier" and he often, in spite of his undoubted good points, exhibits behaviour in public due to drinking that brings his unit into disrepute. It is about time he grew up, and showed a better example. His judgement is very poor at the very least in not thinking about the possibility of being filmed. Also, what on earth were his bodyguards doing, apart from costing the taxpayer a fortune?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

One more nail in the coffin is the opinion of us republicans. How can we still justify anyone being gifted by birth the elevated social status and privileges that the antiquated system of monarchy grants to blue blooded buffoons in the 21st century?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I thought the Americas played strip poker, or even strip pool, billiards is such an British game.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'