We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Harry's games

csqwared
Resolved

Likes # 0

Bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet so I'll bite the bullet. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with a red blooded 27 year old doing his own thing, in his own space and enjoying life. Questions have been raised whether the third in line to the throne should carry on like this. Yes, he should. The more he is in touch with life the more successful he is likely to be when, and if, he becomes monarch. I'm sure he'll feel very let down by the 'friend' who posted the images.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

The role of the protection officers has to be questioned.

They are not there to regulate his behaviour, but allowing him to be photographed in compromising situations by complete strangers is surely a security risk.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"he forgets his royal connections and the pain his drunken behaviour impinges on them."

I made no mention of his royal connection, simply upon your assertion that it was an army matter.

"often, in spite of his undoubted good points, exhibits behaviour in public due to drinking that brings his unit into disrepute."

I doubt if many people are even aware of his unit, I'm certainly not.

This behaviour was not in public.

I'm not aware of other less than ideal behaviour due to drink, but that may be more due to what I read, rather than his behaviour!

Anyway, on that front I live in a glass house and will not throw stones.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"The role of the protection officers... not there to regulate his behaviour,"

Would they really be expected to be present at such a personal and intimate bedroom location?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Good job that cellphones weren't available when Henry VIII and Charles II were about.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Quickbeam,

If the security officers were at all bashful, they could always confiscate the mobile phones on entry to the apartment.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Why hasn't the person who took the pictures and put them on t'internet, been identified and put in t'tower?

If he is/was a friend of Prince Harry then he isn't/wasn't a very good or sensible one. Probably some "Hooray Henry" Army officer. Haw-haw jolly good jape what!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I feel sorry for the lad, all he is guilty of is being human and doing the same as any other single man, he should have the same privacy as any one of us would feel that we are entitled to.

The person who should be getting the flack is the toe rag who took the photos, he is supposed to be a fellow soldier one of his friends.

With friends like that you don't need enemies.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

I suppose we should be thankful that he was with a woman and not any other species or gender. These events always bring out the small mindedness and the envy,such is life. I wonder if R.Murdoch printed the pictures as a one fingered salute to the Establishment.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Quickbeam I hope that if you, or any of your friends and family, are in dire need of Helicopter Rescue you will not mind that the Captain of the chopper is a highly qualified "Blue Blooded Buffoon".

The Royal Princes do not always act in a way as some may desire but Andrew, William and Harry have all proved themselves in the real world. Not many can achieve the standards that they have reached in the Aviation World of the RN,RAF and Army.

Both Andrew and Harry have been in war situations and Helicopter Rescue is no job for amateurs.

I have always hated choppers as aircraft they seem to have more than their fair share of gravity.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

carver

"I feel sorry for the lad, all he is guilty of is being human and doing the same as any other single man, he should have the same privacy as any one of us would feel that we are entitled to."

Time for a reality check.

Harry is third in line to the throne. He's enormously famous and enormously privileged. He's 27 years old, and a serving army officer. It's time he understood that his position requires a degree of responsibility which 'any other single man' doesn't need to worry about to quite the same degree. Life for Harry is not easy, but - whether he likes it or not - people expect a little more from him than pictures of him cavorting naked in a Vegas hotel room with a naked woman. It may have been OK when he was 18, but it isn't OK now.

If he carries on like that people will see him as a joke and a waster. He's facing a future in the shadow of his brother, and it's time he began to show signs of taking more control of it than this incident suggests.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room