We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tony Nicklinson died this morning.

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

The man who last week lost his High Court case to allow doctors to end his life has died.

The following message was posted from his personal Twitter account today:-

*"You may already know, my Dad died peacefully this morning of natural causes. he was 58. Before he died, he asked us to tweet: 'Goodbye world the time has come, I had some fun'. Love, Jane, Lauren and Beth."*

We discussed Tony's situation In this thread recently I hope that all forum members will respect my request not to post anything that is in any way speculative.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I entirely agree. RIP

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A befitting self-penned epitaph from a very brave human being.

May he rest in peace.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

At last he's at peace,his tears when he found out he'd not be able to end his own life had me,a grown man,in floods of tears.

R.I.P. Tony

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Wholeheartedly agree - R.I.P Tony!

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

A very brave man whom I greatly admired.

RIP Tony.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

It sounds wrong to be pleased at someone's death, but I'm glad that he passed away in a dignified manner without apparently suffering any more than he had.

WTM

Like this post  
Al94

Likes # 0

He has achieved his wish, pity there wasn't an easier option.

Like this post
p;3

Likes # 0

I had been following developments in the Press about this person and his failure to win his Court Case

I am delighted that he has been able to 'take matters into his own hands' legally by the method he then chose to end his misery .

I too share what seems like 'warped joy' at a death but, in this instance, when I saw the newspaper report I felt a thrill that this person is now free from this world and the body that imprisoned his brilliant mind

May I share with others in saying

Tony.....R.I.P.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

p;3

I specifically asked that there should be no speculation about the manner of this man's death, and there you are, saying "I am delighted that he has been able to 'take matters into his own hands' legally by the method he then chose to end his misery."

Tony Nicklinson's family has announced that he died of natural causes. As far as I'm aware his doctor recorded the cause of death as pneumonia.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...