We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Skoda's Citigo SE

exdragon

Likes # 0

Hi - I'm thinking about changing my Ford Ka and have been looking at this Skoda. Does anyone already have this particular version? I've got the brochure, looked at lots of reviews but just wondered if there were any personal comments before I wander off down to the dealer!

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I see there are a reviews listed when i searched google.If thats any help.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've not got experience of the Citigo, but Skodas in general are fantastic cars, and really good value.

I had a Fabia for about 5 years and it was well put together and caused me next to no trouble during my ownership. The only problem I had was the dealerships closing down, so I had to go further & further afield to get the car serviced.

I'm considering the new Rapid when time comes to change my car

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Value certainly seems to be a definite plus point, being mentioned in all the reviews I've read. Most of my driving is around town, with a few long journeys now and again. The Ka has been great, the only problem arose about a week before the three year warranty expired. However, as it's five in November, it's a toss up whether I hang on to it or treat myself....or get a new kitchen...

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

A couple of months ago I bought the new VW Up White! Mine is the top of the range model with all the trimmings. If you google for the car you can get the details of the various models. You can also google for the forum you will find out how other people think about them. But I give mine top marks so far. I think the basic model comes in at about £8,000 whilst I have bought the top model at about £11,000.

I imagine there are forums for most makes of car these days, so try for the Citigo and other makes and models on them.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - I remember you saying when you got your VW. It's a good idea to find a forum, never thought of that, though I've looked at the reviews. I can't go for the top of the range, though, I've earmarked any spare cash for another trip to New Zealand.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

There's a school of thought that says it's a bad idea to get the top spec of a small car, as for the same money you could probably get very similar spec in the next model up.

Here's a popular Citigo forum

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

exdragon. Forget the new kitchen and go to New Zealand. I bet there's not much wrong with the old kitchen anyway. But you women just have a bee in your bonnets about having an even better and newer one. You can probably leave the new car until you get back as well. In order of priority the new kitchen should come last.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Honest John Review - I generally like these reviews. I see that is basically the same as the VW Up.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - if you knew me, you'd probably realise I'm more likely to spend more time in the car! When I ask my other half if I need a new gadget for the kitchen, he usually says, 'A compass!'

New Zealand wouldn't be til 2014, for my 70th birthday, and a new car would be fun. Off to look next week. And a month in Ireland is coming up in the next few weeks, retirement's great, isn't it?

alan14 - thanks for that link.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Reading that review it looks more or less the same as the VW Up! It is also cheaper but not by a lot. Reading the VW Up! Forum, it seems they can't build them fast enough as there is a waiting time for delivery of a couple of months at least.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do