We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wear A Flower Tomorrow...Not Necesssarily In Your hair

Condom

Likes # 0

Probably one of the greatest one hit wonders of all time and a song for a generation.

Scott RIP

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

The leitmotif for a generation and still resonates today.

The song is,i suggest, more remembered than the singer because i associated this with the Mamas and Papas and indeed it was composed by John Phillips aka Papa Cass.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

From the first time I heard the song it has always generated a really intense, almost emotional, feeling of nostalgia.

I've never been to SF and at 30 was hardly a member of the Flower generation!

Thanks and RIP.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Where are all those flower power people today I wonder?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

"Where are all those flower power people today I wonder?"

The ones in San Francisco? Go there, and you'll see some of them in Buena Vista park with their grandchildren, their Lexus parked in the street, and their sons running the family businesses. Others are to be seen still clinging to a slightly hippy look and lifestyle, their outlook on life moderated by the fact of their advancing years, and the technological temptations of the 21st century.

If you go to the Corner of Haight & Ashbury - the legendary intersection made famous in the 1960s you'll get a slight flavour of what it once was, although the place has embraced modern culture and tourism in a big way.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Well this one is retired but still has quite long hair although it is silvery white now rather than blonde. I still remember going to London to work in the summer of '67 and gathering in Hyde Park which was just up the road from my flat in Princes Gate in Exhibition Road. We would listen to "It's all too beautiful" resonating from the Small Faces and I would supplement my income by painting the bodies of the "beautiful" with flowers and other flower-power emblems.

The sun always seemed to shine and life was good or so it seemed. I do wish I had kept my Sgt Pepper outfit as a reminder of how daft we all probably looked.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I do wish I had kept my Sgt Pepper outfit as a reminder of how daft we all probably looked."

There's no 'probably' about it, but if you still feel the urge...

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Pink I think

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

That is a definite no no. At least my outfit was a genuine army top coat from long ago which seemed to appear in great numbers from somewhere and was the normal red. Probably still looked stupid.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings