We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: What is the best screen size for a tablet?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know what you think is the best screen size for a tablet.

So let us know.

Poll: What is the best screen size for a tablet?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Tags would be helpful.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Yesterday, I watched my friend display some timetables / rota data on his smartphone screen and was very impressed how he could expand the photgraphs onscreen with finger and thumb...an ideal tablet screen dimension would be around that size...two-handed hand-held portable devices don't work.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have had the ipad with the 10inch and now have the Nexus 7 with the 7 inch and I think that I prefer the bigger size.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've seen 7" and 10" tablets, and I think the 7" is best for portability, but the retina display 10" iPad is a beauty...

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I agree with millgate that 6" is probably the best size for everyday usage without having to carry it in a bag. My Kindle fits nicely in an inside pocket so it goes lots of places with me without any inconvenience. If I have to suffer the inconvenience of carrying a bag I would rather have the power,storage capacity and capability of running my usual programs without difficulty, that a reasonably decent laptop would provide. Obviously battery life is against the laptop choice but I could live with that rather than a 10" tablet.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I do not think there is an ideal size it entirely depends on a users requirements. I have an iPad and would not want a bigger or smaller diplay but I do not want to carry it around very much.

A friend would love an iPad but requires the ability to have it with him virtually all the time so went for a 7" Samsung.

Like this post
Mike67

Likes # 0

Eight inch seems a good compromise, but more important than the size is the form factor. A 4 by 3 ratio as used by the iPad is much moe useable for most tasks than the 16 by 9 in common use elseware, which is better for watching films, but worse for everything else.

Like this post
Mike67

Likes # 0

More important than screen size is form factor.

The 4 by 3 of the iPad and afew other tablets is very usefull. The 16 by 9 of the majority is better for viewing films, but far worse for everything else. The new Nexus is 16 by 10. A step in the right direction for a seven inch device.
I hope this is the start of a trend back to a more usefull form factor.

The wreched 16 by 9 is now firmly entrenched on Laptops, and you spend most of your time scroling to see what is being displayed

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I have a 5.3" Galaxy Note, a 7" Galaxy Tab and a 14" Acer Iconia.

The note is best for portability, the Iconia for real work but the tab is a good compromise.

I voted "Don't Know"!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...let us know when the jury's in then:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...