We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

If you are not an engineer you will still appreciate this

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Click link to see a miniature engine being built and assembled. Very interesting whether you are the engineering type or not. http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Nice to see a craftsman's work. Good link Bing.alau, thanks.

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

deutzenginescreensaver_flash.swf is good, I used to use this for apprentices

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Fascinating stuff.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Brilliant, took me back to my engineering days

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Wow. Far above my final fitting project!!!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

A lovely piece of work, even though I didn't care for the musical arrangement over the film. I would have like to have seen more detail of the cylinder heads though. I have seen slightly larger V8's, but running under combustion, not on compressed air as this model was doing. Each cylinder in the V12 was in effect 'two stroking', as the timing gear shows that the camshafts are running are crankshaft speed, instead of half speed as in a functioning engine.

Still, a definite 'wow!' from me!

WTM

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Superb bit of miniaturization.

Nice bit of filming too, much better than the run-the-mill U tube stuff.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Wonder Why he used Pushrod rather than Overhead Gear, May be as it's two stroke he was thinking of diesel

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

Just to add my thoughts, in Nevil Shute's "Trustee from the Toolroom", one of the model engineers remarked on one of his creations "should have used hex rather than round-head, will do better next time"...

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

That was fantastic, takes me back to my model car building and racing days, although I'll be honest and say that they were radio control car kits, nothing like that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more